Both Endurapro and Endurapro Plus have the following features and benefits over standard OE shock absorbers:
- OE Shape
- EnduraPro and EnduraPro PLUS are high-performance OE-shape shock absorbers. Designed to use with the vehicle's original (OE) spring and upper mount, their lower spring seat is shaped identical to the OE shock absorber. In addition to replacing worn or leaking OE dampers, these products are excellent to improve specs like ride quality or handling without changing your ride height. You can also use them with TEIN lowering springs.
- Available Individually
- Because EnduraPro and EnduraPro PLUS can be purchased per 1 shock absorber, you can limit the cost for replacing worn or damaged dampers.
- Strong and Durable
- Fortified Installation Points - For strut-type suspensions a thickness increase improves the strength and durability of the bracket attaching to the vehicle (steering knuckle) compared to OE shock absorbers. This higher rigidity of the knuckle's support also improves steering feel and makes the ride feel more stable. Please note that the thickness increase varies per vehicle model.
- Fortified Shell Case with Large Oil Capacity - The shell case, the key part of the shock absorber, is made of a high-strength material with tensile strength around 150% of the OE shell case. Weight increase is curbed by keeping the thickness of the cylinder wall the same. A bigger shell case diameter expands its oil capacity, for improved durability as well as a long-term stable damping force performance.
- High-Performance Damper Oil - Exhibiting a stable viscosity in a broad temperature range, the high-performance damper oil sustains smooth strokes and a reliable damping force under all kinds of circumstances. It has excellent anti-foaming properties that protect it from cavitation (bubble-forming), and is resistant to overheating, so that it works noiselessly even on rough roads. The damper oil keeps up its superior performance long-term, because it is also resistant to deterioration over time.
- Rustproof Surface Treatment - The shell case's bright TEIN-green powder paint coating excels in strength and durability, while our coating technique is eco-friendly and without organic solvents. After pre-treatment, TEIN's patented 2-Layer, 1-Bake powder coating method with corrosion-proofing paint is used for superior durability and rust protection. Outstandingly corrosion-resistant, EnduraPro and EnduraPro PLUS can safely be used in regions with heavy snowfall or coastal areas, etc.
- Hydraulic Bump Stopper (H.B.S.)
- When regular shock absorbers fully stroke, their bump rubbers are compressed. The energy that is generated by that escapes as a repulsive force, which can disturb the vehicle's behavior. Furthermore, repeated full strokes can damage the damper.
- In the same situation EnduraPro and EnduraPro PLUS, featuring H.B.S., internally convert the impact of the stroke to thermal energy (heat) and absorb it, strongly reducing the impact that disturbs the vehicle's behavior. With less damage to the dampers, H.B.S. also contributes to their durability.
- In shock absorbers with inactive or no H.B.S., the operative valve (green) floats, and oil flows freely through the base valve ports. Resistance to the flow from the shim stack then, causes damping force.
- Near full compression, when the piston rod strokes beyond a predetermined point, the operative valve is pushed down and activates H.B.S.: the base valve ports are narrowed, blocking the oil flow. This results in high damping force.
- A relief valve serves to suppress sudden damping force increase, when the pressure in the cylinder exceeds its regular level.
- The setup of the H.B.S. mechanism is optimized per vehicle model, with the right activation point and damping force.
- Twin-Tube System
- Compared to the regular mono-tube system, twin-tube attains longer strokes with a smaller repulsive force, resulting in high ride comfort.
- Roads may have all sorts of surface conditions. This calls for shock absorbers with ample stroke, that operate smoothly.
- Thanks to flexible strokes, you can negotiate gaps and bumps steadily on rough roads, meaning a smooth ride at low speed and stability at high speed.
In addition to the previous features, the Endurapro Plus also has the following benefits that you don't get with the standard Endurapro shock absorbers.
- Damping Force Adjustment
- EnduraPro PLUS features 16-level damping force adjustment, for simultaneous adjustment of compression and rebound. Modify ride comfort and handling according to your preference, changing the properties of the shock absorber with the adjustment dial.
- Compatible with EDFC Series (Optional)
- EnduraPro PLUS is compatible with the EDFC Series, which offer easy damping force adjustment from the driver's seat.*
* Some vehicle models excepted
* Picture is generic / not of actual product *